Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

[OT} Scanning 35mm negatives?

Just before christmas we got lucky and found a set of the sample=20
shots of our wedding photos - just the prints, no negatives... but=20
still good as we had no photos of our wedding otherwise!

The local "agfa photo centre" in Hamilton managed to work
bloody=20
wonders with them - giving us a proper set of digital images from the=20
prints.=20

Basically, our lives before the digital photography age might as well=20
have never existed - whilst we have a wee sidebar gadget in vista=20
which randomly pops up photos from the Gallery, and a photo=20
screensaver on the kitchen PC which does the same, the
"pre-digital"=20
era photos live in the loft.

soo...

I'm in the market now for a scanner which can handle 35mm negatives=20
amd let me get these old shots into a more useful (copyable, backed=20
up, editable and so on) format.

I'm not convinced about dedicated scanners, and my budget for this is=20
not huge - at the back of my head, I know that I can get this done=20
for about =A38 a spool, and I have maybe ten or twenty films to get=20
done..

advice? suggested models? bad idea?