Latest message you have seen: Are the 'KeyStone' Modular patch systems standard?

Re: Christmas gadgets

  • Subject: Re: Christmas gadgets
  • From: "mwgardner2000" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:36:56 -0000

Hi,

At the risk of being flamed..... :-)

What is so awful with the Sky UI? I guess its maybe horses for
courses, but as I've never used Tivo, and personally have found two
PC based media centers to be less than user friendly, including Vista
MC, I'm not sure what it is thats missing / wrong with the Sky UI.

Sky+ does what I need it to do, and in a pretty user friendly way,
with IMHO two minor gripes (the colours used, no dedicated planner
button on the remote) and one major gripe (Murdoch...), but it does
what it says on the tin, and for me is right up their with Sonos as
two of my top gadgets. Touching wood heavily, after some initial
reliability problems, its rock solid too....

So, enlighten me please! What could be better? I'm genuinely
interested to know what features the UI is missing...

OK - I can think of a couple of additional Sky+ features I'd like
(ability to network the box so you can take recordings to another
device, and have full control of it from the web), but the UI itself
works for me.

Is the Sky HD UI materially different to Sky+?

Roll on the "promised" Sky Server...

Ducks for cover.....

Mark (no, not that one!)

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "automatedhomeuk" <lists@...> wrote:

> > And now I am getting it in the neck as we went from TiVo to Sky
HD,