RE: [OT] - pc dead

Likewise, I had almost exactly the same set of circumstances recently
vis-=
=E0-vis finding my PC "dead". In my case, it seems it had also
taken out th=
e fuse in the mains plug, since when I replaced the mains lead with
another=
known-good one, and turned it on, it went spectacularly BANG!

I guess it's a testament to good design that not a single internal
componen=
t suffered any ill effects whatsoever. I dropped in a new PSU, and it's
all=
running again sweet as a nut...

Paul G.

Jon Wilkins
> Sent: 12 December 2007 13:06
> To: UKHA Group
> Subject: Re: [ukha_d] [OT] - pc dead
>=20
> A fairly cheap suggestion may be to try switching out the PSU.  I've
> recently had a lot of grief with my PC failing to boot, making various
> different sequences of noises whilst booting; sometimes not even doing
> anything except starting the various fans.  I had a spare PSU which I
tri=
ed
> that after re-seating everything else had made no difference.
Replacemen=
> PSU has solved the problem - even though it's out of an old machine
&
> slightly lower power output.    So if you have a spare, its worth
trying
> it;  Alternatively you'd only lose 10-20 getting one just to try it
out.
>=20
>=20
> jon