RE: X10 weirdness

Laptop PSUs are also complete b*st*rds for killing X10...

... basically anything with switch mode PSUs in should be regarded with
suspicion. As increasing amounts of kit gets built with cost as a primary
concern then the mains filtering on PSUs seems to be one of the first
things
to get penny-pinched. I have a stripblock plugged into an X10 filter in
pretty much every room for just this purpose.

The ACT X10 repeaters can also help quite a bit!

Phil