Re: PIC Programming - a where to start...

Hiya all!

Thanks for all the replies - there's a lot of learning (read playing!)
to be done - with these things - anyone know who to go to to get more
hours added to the day :)

Some of the links I've been passed so far

http://www.new-wave-concepts.com/

http://www.picbasic.org/proton_lite.php
 <--- The 'basic' compiler

http://www.mstracey.btinternet.co.uk/pictutorial/picmain.htm

http://tinycad.sourceforge.net/index.html
  <--- Cheerful cad schematic
program - Check out the links page on this as there's a link to a
program that will put your design onto verio (strip) board so you don't
have to go down the road of etching boards.

I got talking to the chap at work again today, he's quite into building
robots (trundle toys) at the mo and is starting to give them the ability
to find there own way (infra red distance sensors etc)... We kinda
started talking about interfacing gps interfaces it could be told areas
it could go between but then it kinda got maybe a little far when we got
onto using the same idea with a radio controlled helicopter !

Cheers!
Wayne.