Re: Node 0 patch panel installation

Neil,

When I did mine, I punched down each core as I went and it was quite slow
going.

However, I watched a guy doing this a little while ago. It was a
paid-for job but I hesitate to use the word professional as I was
looking-on from quite a distance, and I've no idea whether it worked
ok. I assume it did :-)

He stripped the sheaths of all cables and aligned individual cores
over the punchdown terminals before going down the whole panel and
punching-down in one go (i.e. prepared all, then punched down all,
rather than doing it a cable at a time). This was all done on his lap
as he sat on a box etc. He worked from one end of the panel to the
other and I think he worked towards the side the cables fed in from.

The punch-down activity was certainly quicker than my way, so if you
have the slack in the cables to do it, and steady knees, it may be
worth a try  :-)

HTH,

Tim.

On 8/22/07, Neil Ball <neilball@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well Node 0 at the new house is finally coming together, just about to
start
> installing my patch panels & terminating all my Cat5e cabling.
I've already
> got all of my room side cables terminated and outlet plates fitted,
I've