RE: Plaster "nibbler"

Jim,

I did this and used a 400mm long, 12mm-odd diameter drill in my trusty
black
& decker hammer drill. It took quite a bit of patience but that along
with a
cold chisel allowed me to feed through the 25mm x 16mm trunking I used for
my cable runs.

I'd already cut & chiseled-out the chase leading up to the coving and
this
gave a little bit more access for the drill.

If you go the SDS route, Screwfix and others do something called a skirting
board chisel:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=A337719&ts=91437&id=15097
its a longer, cranked chisel to get behind skirting boards but I'm sure
would work for coving too.

HTH,

Tim.