[OT] Video cards for multiple monitors

  • Subject: [OT] Video cards for multiple monitors
  • From: "Ian Bird" <ian.bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 12:49:48 -0000

Hi
Just a quick brain pick for those using more than one monitor. I am
having to buy a new screen to replace my current Dell 20" widescreen e
monitor which is driven by needing extreme colour accuracy for photo
processing.

I am thinking of getting another widescreen unit but maybe a little
bigger. Anyway, I have one in mind which is all great but, then I
thought, what to do with the Dell. So, I thought I would run them side
by side as many others do.

So, my question is, what video cards should I consider? It needs to be
as adjustable as possible for colour, contrast and everything else
like this. I will be profiling it with a hardware device called the
'Eye One Photo' by Gretag Macbeth.

Games etc. are not even on the horizon as far as my requirements go.
It is possible I may do some video editing but only of home movies,
nothing more serious.

For cost I want to spend as little as is reasonable but I won't skimp
if the video card is ideal.

Suggestions welcome

Thanks

Ian