Re: Alarm panel with defined part setting

  • Subject: Re: Alarm panel with defined part setting
  • From: "stuckinthemud_org" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:45:44 -0000

Certainly will, at a price!

By the time I've got a wireless interface, sensors, keypads etc. it's
above what I was looking to pay.

However I had been looking at some lighting automation via Rako + PC,
so will look closely at it's abilities in this area as I might be able
to dispense with the PC.

Am I right that it has some form of internal macro language that is
driven by events? The only real reference to this is through the
description of an add-on piece of software called comfigurator.

Jim

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gordon" <paul@...> wrote:

> Jim,
>
> I think Comfort will do what you want...
>
> It has numerous set modes built in...
>
> Off
> Day mode
> Night mode
> Away mode
> Vacation mode
>
> Both the day and night modes are "part set" modes similar to
what you
> describe, however with Comfort, it's perfectly possible to modify
these
> modes to suit your circumstances. You also have complete freedom to
> configure the various sensors -i.e. how each sensor behaves in each
> mode. You can change from any mode directly to any other mode.
>
> You'd have to do some of the configuration & programming yourself
(but
> there's lots of help available here), but at least that means of
course
> that you have the option to program it to do what you want! - as
you've
> discovered, some panels only allow you to program pretty basic part
set
> configurations...
>
> Paul G.

protection,
> > but with an easy way of setting.
> >
> >  - All disarmed
> >  - Outbuildings armed only
> >  - All armed
> >
> > I can achieve this through part setting (some panels allow sensor
> > grouping to make this easier), but it's still fiddly to set and
prone
> > to "human nature" in not bothering as it's a multi-key
setup