Re: Monitor ADSL connection (sync) speed

If you are having sync problems I would try using a router with a
better
chipset such as a Zyxel. Drayteks can be pretty bad on ADSL max lines and
do
all sorts of weird things, e.g at a client site Draytek 2600 and 2800s were
very unstable at even 512kbps and the upload kept rate adapting to 64kbps!
Zyxel router syncs solidly at 512/256k !

On 8/15/07, Jim Noble <yahoo-groups@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Craig wrote:
> >> I am about to undergo some work on my ADSL line to try and
improve
> >> things. I'd like a log of the connection speed/sync/noise
etc.
> >> periodically before/during and after. Does anyone know of a
utility
> >> that would supply this - I have a Vigor router so I suppose
it could be
> >> done by scheduling a Telnet batch job to report to a file -
Has anyone
> >> done anything similar?
> >>
> > PRTG will do exactly this. Produces nice PDF reports daily &
monthly.
> The
> > 'free' version will monitor upto 3 MIB objects.
> > http://www.paessler.com/prtg
> >

> There's also MRTG:
>
> http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/
>
> Check the draytek.co.uk forums for info on the OIDs available from
Vigor