1-wire projects and a generic PCB

  • Subject: 1-wire projects and a generic PCB
  • From: "Rob Collingridge" <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 07:02:51 -0000

Hi,

I'm new to group and currently interested in 1-wire and its
application to home automation. I've got a number of projects
completed and on the go:
http://www.robcollingridge.com/projects/

To make things a bit easier, I've designed a multipurpose PCB and I
should be getting the first four prototypes back from fabrication next
week. Can anyone give it a once over and see if, I've missed anything
obvious please?

When using RJ45 connectors can you link all the grounds?
I've also heard stuff about a clamp diode from the data line to
ground, should I add space for this?

More detail here:
http://www.robcollingridge.com/projects/1-wire_pcb/index.html

The PCB design and a few applications are captured in a MS Powerpoint
presentation, which is here:
http://www.robcollingridge.com/projects/1-wire_pcb/PCB_D.ppt

Rob Collingridge