Recording phone line

Peeps.

One of the things I've long wanted to implement is automatic recording
of all telephone conversations into or out of our house. To this end, I
have most of the essential parts in place: - I have reliable hook
detection of our landline into the HA PC, and I have an audio interface
between the phone line & a line-in port on the HA PC, so all I think I
need now is a piece of code to tie these together. I'm hoping this part
will be quite simple...

As you will no doubt have gathered from the above, I want to use PC
based recording on my HA PC, rather than something like a dedicated
cassette-based telerecorder device. This is for ease of access to the
recordings, and so I have no maintenance to perform (changing a tape for
instance).  I simply want to start recording whenever the phone is
off-hook, and stop recording as soon as it goes on-hook. I Want to
record audio into WAV files, with filenames indicating date & time of
the recording, - and that's about it.

I have Homeseer running on the HA PC, so I can use any of the facilities
therein to manage the process, - although I don't currently run HS
Phone, and I don't have 2-way audio between the PC & the phone line. I
also don't get caller-ID from my telco, so I don't need to do anything
fancy with that.  Ideally, a nice simple script that could control an
instance of an audio recording tool on the PC would be great.

Anyone got any suggestions?

TIA

Paul G.