From: noughtomate
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 9:09 AM
Subject: [ukha_d] Problems using multiple Digiboxes on 1 x LNB

Hi all,

Is it possible to use a single LNB feed across different Digiboxes
(Sky and Freesat)?

I've been a Sky Digital user for a while now but I recently purchased
a Pace DS810 HD box thinking it was a Freeview box (Ebay purchase!)

On arrival I actually found out that the Pace DS810 uses a Satelitte
input (so it's Freesat instead of Freeview), so I've cabled it as
follows :

Dish LNB -> Pace Freesat Input -> Pace Freesat Output -> Sky
Digital
Digibox

But I find now that Sky only works if the Pace DS810 box is switched
off. Basically if DS810 Freesat is switched on, most of the Sky
channels say 'No Satlitte be signal being received'.

I imagine this is my own misunderstanding about how satelitte services
work.
I expected that a single Dish input could be used for multiple
receivers, in the same way as Terrestrial over Coax.

Have I got this wrong ?

The workaround I thought up to this was to use some type of F-
Connector Y plug to split the Satelitte feed. Is this correct, or
would I have to install a second LNB, so each Digibox has a decicated
feed ?

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm sure I could ask the same
question in some satelitte forum, but I'm sure there must be a few
people here who are more than familiar with Satelitte services!

Thanks in advance.