RE: Re: Zoned Heating Control

  • Subject: RE: Re: Zoned Heating Control
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:50:00 +0100

Chris,

we used Tarkett engineered wooden floor with our UFH , not sure about
the heat transfer properties yet and as the floor temperatures are being
kept low not sure of movement issues either... But I do like the look of
it....

Quote from their web site

Which floor heating systems are appropriate for wood floors?
The heating system must be a water-borne or self-limiting electrical
heating system that provides an even heat over the whole area of the
floor. Avoid beech and maple on underfloor heating as those two wood
species are a little bit more sensitive to changes in humidity.

One thing to watch for is the underlay, the person we ordered from
recommended their best quality (high TOG) which is not what you want
with UFH...

We also have some slate flooring in the kitchen, laid using flexible
adhesive and Ditra Matting http://www.schluter.co.uk/541.aspx
which
seems to be working well, you get a stronger feeling of the floor being
heated compared with the wood. No problems with expansion so far either.

The temporary cable in the garden seems to be OK At the moment... Just
waiting for it to rain again... Some pictures of the flooring...

http://photos.corbenic.co.uk/_0031.html

Nigel