[OT] Malicious code on websites

  • Subject: [OT] Malicious code on websites
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 15:00:34 +0100

Hi All,

Sorry for the OT but I urgently need some help.

Two of my website have had malcicious code added to the index.html page.

In both cases it happened on the 11th April. This is on two different
servers.

When I discovered the first one I checked the page against my local copy
and
saw that an Iframe had been added pointing at mystabcounter.info and the
pop
up blocker warned about some code tryingto be installed something to do
with
Microsoft Data Access.

I reloaded my local copies to the servers to fix the problem but I don't
know how the pages were altered. I emailed the server support for the first
site and they said the FTP logs showed nothing but suggested that it may
have been done using the file manager in cPanel so suggested changing the
password.

Today I discovered that it had also happened to DIYHA so have raised that
with server support as well.

I have googled for info but all I have turned up is a load of sites that
appear to have the same code in them and a forum where someone said that it
happened to them but they don't know how.

Anyone else come across this ??????

Thanks in advance.

Keith