Re: Remote energy metering

  • Subject: Re: Remote energy metering
  • From: "lexfordparc" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 12:01:38 -0000

Chris,

Sorry for taking a while to respond to your request, work has been
manic including night shift.

My Idratek system for Power Monitoring uses a QRI-001 : Quad 4A
Relays / Inputs as the inputs are capable of pulse counting. However,
Idratek have updated the firmware of the ODI-001 : Octal Digital
Input to allow pulse counting and this will be my final solution. (In
addition the module is likely to change slightly to allow more
pickups at 0V; currently it only has one).

So basically I have some bell cable from the DRM100S which connects
to the digital input of the QRI-001 which connects to Idranet over
CAT5E shielded cable. I have a central "server" for the house
based
on a Mini-ITX motherboard, VIA EN15000, running Windows 2003 R2
Server (no need to run a server OS I do because I am in IT and look
after Windows servers all day). Cortex then displays the pulse
counter object supplied by the QRI-001 as a graph (realtime,
cumulative and periodic). So at the moment I am monitoring the
kitchen ring main and this consumes on average 2KWH per day (mainly
kettle, washing machine and dishwasher).

Hope that gives you an overview? I am currently putting together my
homepage which will have more info and pictures in a few weeks.

Paul