RE: Whoooosh..thud..oh bugger

Have you thought of selling the current design to the producers /
directors
of the next "Cube" film?

:-D

If the current design is cable operated then is there any way of
spring-loading one or more of the pulleys / mountings / cable attachment
locations so that there are one or more shock absorbing elements in the
system?

Phil