Re: Getting DVDs onto a hard drive

  • Subject: Re: Getting DVDs onto a hard drive
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 17:03:59 -0000

\

23 drives!! thats jawsome!!!

as for ripping, pc based i use dvd decrypter and dvd shrink, however
on dvd shrink i don't use the shrinking bit!  I store all my rips as
iso's.  I find iso's much easier to deal with and everything i've ever
tried to use can handle them (fair play i've not tried that many
different devices)  my ibook can stream from an iso fine using vlc and
xbmc of course handles them perfectly.

mac based ripping....well thats something im not there yet with, so
far thats one of two tasks that the pc beats the mac for (the other is
burning cd's and dvd's) roll on me buying an intel macbook! :)

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups2@...> wrote:

> OK cool - Are your drives all permanently on or do you switch them
on as and when?

> I guess your carbon footprint is bigger than most ;)
>
> Paul.

between your DVD
> > > drive
scrambling,

> [...]