Latest message you have seen: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Logitech_Squeezebox_Boom_now_=A3149=2E99?=

Re: Electricty Usage/Costs (Again)

Not sure if this went through the yahoo system - I didn't get my post.

But apologies if it is a repost.

Was at 100% design yesterday and saw this:

http://www.diykyoto.com/

It is a wireless device that sits anywhere at home and measures the amount
of electricty you use and displays it constantly.

A clip is attached the mains cable by your meter and this broadcasts the
amount of energy you use to the Watson.

The Watson can store up to 3 years of information on it and you can
downloa=
this via USB on to your PC which can be graphically displayed via their
bet=
program.

Looks nice and interesting.

I think it costs about =A3300 at the moment but they only have a limited
edition. They hope to reduce the price to =A3150 when they get a proper
production run. At the moment the device is hand made.

If you are interest and contact them please let them know you heard it from
Ho yin at Future Systems who was at 100% design.

Ho yin

no affiliation etc etc.

On 25/09/06, David Gumbrell <david.gumbrell@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Useful comparison on Intel vs AMD from the perspective of power
> consumption:
>
> http://www.lostcircuits.com/cpu/low_e/14.shtml
>
> I'm going to look even harder at AMD now.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dave
>
> On 9/24/06, Andy Davies <dajdavies@xxxxxxx
<dajdavies%40gmail.com>>
> wrote:
> >
> > Just found this via Digg, which is equally scary...
> >
> > http://www.overclockers.com/articles1364/
> >
> > On 20/09/06, Mark McCall
<lists@xxxxxxx<lists%40automatedho=
me.co.uk>
> <lists%40automatedhome.co.uk>>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Last night I was measuring the power usage of a little NAS
unit
> compared
> > > a PC and thought the info might be useful to some here. The
NAS uses