Latest message you have seen: the list?

Re: Is a metal back box required to meet current regulations ?

I think you'd fall foul of the general principles of protection
against
thermal effect, and specifally the requirements 526-03 on enclosed
connections:

Every termination and joint in a live conductor or a PEN conductor shall be
made within one of the following or a combination thereof:-

(i) a suitable accessory complying with the appropriate British Standard
(ii) an equipment enclosure complying with the appropriate British Standard
(iii) a suitable enclosure of material complying with the relevant
glow-wire
test requirements of BS 6458-2.1
(iv) an enclousre formed or completed with building material considered to
be non-combustible when tested to BS 476-4
(v) an enclosure formed or completed by part of the building structure,
having the ignitability characteristic 'P' as specified in BS 476 Part 5.

So you could test your wood to BS 476 :-)

Cheers,

David