Latest message you have seen: Video Tour of Brilliant Living's HQ

RE: Sky+ HDD problem (last hope!!)

  • Subject: RE: Sky+ HDD problem (last hope!!)
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 21:03:20 +0100

Hi Clive

> Unfortunately this COPY+ software did not recognise my Sky+ HDD (a
maxtor
> 120GB) so I could not copy it. However I was able to see all the
various
> files on the HDD through "my computer" and disk management
showed it was
> fully active, so I don't think the HDD is duff.

If you think the disk is OK then that leaves two possibilities.

1. the directory system used by SKY is messed up and it cant be read.

2. there is some other hardware fault on the SKY+ box which is causing the
problem.

How about trying a different disc in the SKY box to see if that will work.
If it fails then the box has some strange fault on it and it may be
possible
to put your existing disk with the recordings on it into another box to
retrieve them. The only possible problem I can see with using another box
is
with card pairing but as far as I know, the box only checks that you have a
subscription that would allow you to watch the program in question.

Others might have some better suggestions.

What was the program just in case someone else has a copy of it on TiVo,
MCE
or SKY+ etc

HTH

Keith