Latest message you have seen: Re: automated broadband speed check?

RE: SATA Enclosure

It's in a Compucase S411:

http://www.xcase.co.uk/acatalog/Compucase_S411.html

Mark McC put me onto these - superb case, very well built and sturdy. I
was=
also impressed by the rubber mounting points for the two drive cages at th=
e front - and it also has a fan control/alarm board that you can connect
7-=
8 (IIRC) fans to. The front metal flap has a removeable/washable air
filter=
in too. I replaced all the fans with (lower airflow) but much quieter fans=
- one of my aims was to replace all of my noisy 4 servers with quiet kit.

I was particularly impressed with the RE2 WD drives - good warranty too.

In fact, I actually bought 3 of the cases from Dabs at the stunning price
o=
f =A369.41 + VAT - quicklinx 3FG4WS. I got the fourth from xcase as dabs
ra=
n out and the lead time was long - looks like they're in now :)

You can also remove rack handles and add supplied feet if needed (as I
have=
now until I move to the new Node0).

The RAID card is an excellent 3Ware 9590SE 8 port card - true hardware
(par=
ity creation and checking on-board rather than O/S) RAID card. Not cheap
th=
ough at something over =A3300 IIRC?

Paul.