Latest message you have seen: Re: Windows Home Server - jesus!

Mains switching via IP

  • Subject: Mains switching via IP
  • From: "markttay" <markttay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:42:58 -0000

I managed to get hold of a motorised projector screen but not the
remote control bits, basically it is controlled by hard wired three
way switch i.e. off/up/down.

Ideally I would like to conrol this via my Homeseer with a Mainlobby
front end, but I can't figure out how to do it with X10 modules, So
the other option would be via IP invoked from a VB script or
whatever.

I have been looking around for a small IP device that switches a
relay and found this: http://tinyurl.com/o8zjz which looks
like it
can do the job (along with a couple of 230v relays), it is a bit
pricey, but I could tuck it away in the ceiling void and forget
about it.

If anyone has any alternative (and cheaper!) suggestions I would be
greatful.

Thanks
Mark