Latest message you have seen: RE: [OT] : Bulk processing - any ideas?

RE: [OT] TomTom Go 910

I have just found this out with mine...

I have just "upgraded" my venerable old Nokia 6310i to a brand
new Nokia
N73, now this isn't listed at all on the TomTom compatibility list (the
N70 is though)... - I didn't look at the list until after I'd paired
mine and noticed that the TomTom told me "this feature is not
supported
with this phone" for a number of things... - Looking at the
compatibility list, there are (IIRC) about 6 or 7 "features"
listed
along the top of the table, with ticks against each phone showing which
features work. My old 6310i was one of the (very) few that had a tick in
*EVERY* column... My new N73 has ticks in only 2 (or was it 3) of them!!
:-(

In a nutshell, I can't upload the phonebook from the N73 into the
TomTom, so it's all but totally useless to use for making outgoing
calls, - not particularly safe to have to dial the number from the
touchsreen in full (assuming I can remember it). It would function OK
for receiving incoming calls though, although I suspect it will only
display the incoming number rather than showing the callers name from
the address book.. - Note that I haven't tested this though, so I may be
wrong...

This phone also doesn't support any of the text message features, so I
can neither send them, read them, or have them spoken from the TomTom.

Finally, when poking around the TomTom menus, I was pleased to see the
phone support had been enhanced to allow an onscreen keypad to be
available during a call ("press 1 to listen to greensleeves, press 2
be connected to someone in India" etc...) - This was a constant
annoyance previously, as I used to use the traffic report service from
O2 quite a bit, and I kept having to use the phone keypad to enter the
road number I wanted to listen to... - my pleasure was short lived of
course, because although I would have been just fine with my old 6310i,
the N73 (surprise, surprise) doesn't support that feature...

Progress my arse!

Paul G.

Of
> Paul Gale
> Sent: 22 September 2006 08:42
> To: UKHA_D Group
> Subject: RE: [ukha_d] [OT] TomTom Go 910
>
> How's the Bluetooth connection to various phones though - my 700 is
> notoriously bad for phone connectivity with hardly any phones
supporting
> all the features and even then I've had lots of problems :(
>
> Paul.

site
(I
> > bought
> > a 750i)- you can use the tomtom as a handsfree unit via BT to the
phone.
> > Also lets you send and receive sms via the tomtom (it reads them
out
> > you).
> >
> > Remote control is great also, easy to use (no poking of touch
screen
> > required!) without crashing the car... which is important -:)
> >
> > Also has an ipod interface so you can play the ipod through the
tomtom,
> > but
> > not something that you would necessarily want to do as everytime
the
> > tomtom
> > wants to talk to you it mutes the music so I think I'm going to
have
> > separate ipod interface kit fitted to the car. There is an audio
out
> cable
> > so you can connect into your car radio if you want.
> >
> > And lots of voices and other things to play around with (has 7
pages
of