Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: Smart Metering Privacy

Re: Fw: [OT]ish IP based cctv camera recomendations

Never mentioned recognition.I think you are referring to digitisation?
of
the number. I've seen this at my local Tesco that has a system called
Shar=
http://www.guk.co.uk/shark.html
I installed some camera's from RF Concepts *http://*www.rfconcepts.co.uk wh=
ich
were about =A3100 each. Can't remember models but had 20m range in Zero
lig=
ht
and you can read the number plate on the recorded image.
The point of the system was however to alert the user and then he could
mak=
a decision about any action in real time.
GeoVision is well versed on this forum and is what I used. Can't imagine
that the Shark system is cheap, but if you the wife and the butler have
different cars then at least when you open the after a hard days work the
speakers play the right music.

On 18/09/06, Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>    Could you elaborate more on this number plate recognition at all
chap
> ??
> Some good HA uses there !
>
> G.
>
> Gareth Cook
> IT Architect / Project Manager, SWG Sales
> IBM SWG Sales - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
> Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
> email: g@xxxxxxx <g%40uk.ibm.com>
>
> ----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 18/09/2006 21:08 -----
>
> Discussion
> Main Topic
>
> ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
> Yesterday 22:39
>
> .
> Subject:
> .
> Re: [ukha_d] [OT]ish IP based cctv camera recomendations
> .
> Category:
>
> Did same - as my contact had diesel stolen by the pikies.
> What do you want to achieve. I set up a GeoVision System with cameras
tha=
> could read a number plate in the dark. IP Camera's just don't have the
> resolution or have the ability to see in the dark. If the camera's
> detected
> movement he got a text message and then he could remotely view a
camera
> and
> then take whatever action.
> So basically if its just a deterrent your after stick dummy camera's
on a
> pole or use normal camera's with GeoVision. Poles and Night cameras
and
> texting with a decent resolution are expensive though!!
> How much does he want to spend
>
> On 16/09/06, Neil Ball
<neilball@xxxxxxx<neilball%40btopenworld.c=
om>>
> wrote:
> >
> > I've been asked by my father-in-law to recommend a simple CCTV
set up
> > for
> > his small haulage yard ? maybe 2 or 3 cameras. He's had over
=A33k's wo=
rth
> > of
> > diesel stolen in the last month, upto 1500 litres in one night
which
> must
> > take both time and a trailer mounted tank to carry the fuel.
There is n=