Re: Re: Finding a cable within a wall?!

I'd assumed that you were trying to feed down a stiff length of twin
&
earth (T&E), but if you're trying it with flex then you'll need
something to help it down. I didn't use proper rods when I cabled my
place out, just a few bamboo canes gaffer-taped together.

If you're going to put an aerial cable down the same route then make
sure you pull a string down this time, then it'll be really easy to do
the aerial cable later.

Cheers,

Tim.

wrote:

> > Have you measured how far down the socket is, and then marked the
> > cable with a pen? (just to confirm it's not still a few inches
short)

> > Alternatively, push a fish-tape or rod (e.g.
> > http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/cat.jsp?cId=A334482&ts=26701)
down