RE: Has anyone experience of this?

  • Subject: RE: Has anyone experience of this?
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 14:33:12 +0100

Yes - I bought one a while ago.

Email me on/off list for anything specific you need to know.

I'm using it with MainLobby for general HA use and on it's own for web
brow=
sing in bed etc!

Excellent kit. They only downsides are:

1) touch screen is pressure sensitive rather than resistive (is that right
=
term???) so if you lean your hand on it, it interferes with handwriting
rec=
ognition etc - but maybe not a problem for HA use - actually, prob better
i=
n pure HA use as you can use a finger etc to push buttons on an interface
l=
ike ML!
2) battery life is poor at around 1 - 11/2 hours. The biggest problem here
=
is there's no recharging dock unit for it (power is a plug in type on the
s=
ide :( This makes HA use much less likely
3) still a little chunky for my liking.

It's still a good bit of kit for HA - but for a real winner, I'd wait to
se=
e the next raft of UMPC devices. Bill Gates was envisaging seeing these at
=
around the $400 mark IIRC, rather than =A3800 or so that I paid.

Paul.