Re: Has anyone experience of this?

  • Subject: Re: Has anyone experience of this?
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 13:16:48 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Neil Ball" <neilball@...>
wrote:

> A co-director at work got one to replace his OQO which was a little
too
> underpowered and temperamental for everyday use. The Q1 is used as a
laptop
> replacement most of the time and does this job very well but I have
also
> played with it as a Crestron touchscreen using the webserver feature
from
> the Crestron processor. For this it is not as successful as the
battery life
> is not great and the lack of a charging cradle is a pain.

Ah, that was going to be my next question as I've been trying to find
out if there is a cradle.

For use in (say) the living room as a controller plus pc fro browsing
it really needs a cradle to pick up/drop into.  Plugging wires in/out
is not really going to work.  That may be a shame as otherwise it
looks near perfect for my purposes.