Re: I'm Back! - and [ADVERT]

  • Subject: Re: I'm Back! - and [ADVERT]
  • From: "ianh1000" <ianh1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 21:15:41 -0000

Hi Paul,=20

Welcome back, I hope you had a good break. The UCM your ordered for=20
me arrived promptly. Everything works well with the original=20
firmware. I tried the latest firmware and downloaded the voice=20
update you sent without any issues. I did not seem to be able to arm=20
the system with the Ultra firmwarebut have not had time to work out=20
the issue so far.

I am going to lay with the original firmware for now and see how=20
things go.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards
Ian=20
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gordon" <paul@...> wrote:

> Hi all, just back from my hols to a mere 1100 odd group emails! -=20
And that's not including the 300-odd spams that I deleted on the=20
single occasion I managed to get (briefly) online about a week ago...
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> Just finished reading through most of them.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> One thing that my trip was good for was picking up a B... B...=20
B... bargain at the airport on the way out. Thanks to T3 magazine, I=20
managed to get a shiny new top of the range TomTom Go 910 for a=20
cracking price, which of course I couldn't resist. - Even though I=20
already have a Go 500 that's only about a year old. (I bought it at=20
the same branch of Dixons, in the same airport, on my way out to my=20
holiday last year!)
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> So I obviously therefore have an as-new TomTom Go 500 that is now=20
surplus to requirements, so of course first refusal goes to you lot=20
before I bung it on Ebay.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> It's in absolutely as new condition, with all the original=20
packaging, original box, manuals etc. In addition it also comes with=20
the optional external microphone for improving the quality of hands-
free phone calls made via the unit. It naturally includes all the=20
original package contents, including the windscreen mount, mains=20
charger, car cigar plug charger, padded carry case, etc. etc.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> I believe that TomTom have recently released a newer software=20
version for the classic Go range, although I haven't downloaded or=20
installed it yet,  -  but that is a really simple procedure. It also=20
has the April/May 2006 speed camera POI database installed on it.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> Just had a quick browse around the 'net and offers in the region=20
of =A3200 would seem to be the going rate, so that's what I'm=20
asking... - replies OFF list please....