Re: Floor access hatch?

  • Subject: Re: Floor access hatch?
  • From: "ianh1000" <ianh1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 06:16:00 -0000

Hi Paul,

I have used one of these and I am very happy with it. most of my
floors squeak but none of the covers using this method. It takes a
little care to keep the router vertical. My only oissue i that you
can't do it in a confined space as you need to be able to sping the
router.

I still have my one and 9 spare rings (They come in boxes of 10). I
live in Milton Keynes, happy to let you try it if you are not too
far away.

Regards
ian
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@...> wrote:

> Has anyone used these before - wondering if there's ANY squeak or
movement over time - years later?

> Hijacking Ian's thread (sorry Ian!) - I was also thinking about
cable access in a new wooden floor - I guess the traditional metal
insert method would be needed - again, anyone done this?

> Paul.

Behalf Of
> > Stuart Poulton
> > Sent: 08 September 2006 16:21
> > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Floor access hatch?
> >
> > > I seem to remember you used a router to carve a circle out
of
the floor,
> > > inserted a plastic ring, then routered a lip into the disc
you
had cut