RE: [ukha_d] VGA with removable connector ?

  • Subject: RE: [ukha_d] VGA with removable connector ?
  • From: Marcus Warrington <marcus.warrington@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:47:18 +0100

Yeah, it is small conduit just about enough room for 4 cat5e cables.
Origin=
ally I was going to have a 3COM Audrey device in the wall and that would
on=
ly have required power and a Cat5e cable, but plans escalated to a 17"
touc=
hscreen running Xlobby for multizone audio around the house. I'll have to
f=
ind another use for the Audrey's :-)

=20

I don't think kitchen foil will help much, I think the problem is that non
=
of the individual wires in the cable are shielded, I'm pretty certain that
=
cable used to ghost even before I chopped it around.

=20

I do have cat5e runs to the kitchen cupboards but the cupboards aren't
near=
the wall were the TFT is.. its in the dining room... and "yes"
all the wal=
ls have been replastered :-(

=20

I'm going to have a look around here at work.. may be we have an old style
=
cable gathering dust that I can use the connector from.

=20

Cheers

=20

P.S. anyone know of someone selling Sonic Impact T-Amps ? I bought one
from=
eBay a few months ago for around =A325 as a "proof of concept"
and now tha=
t I want to buy some more the only ones listed are from the USA and they
wa=
nt =A315+15shipping + the risk on import duty and VAT! ...ideally I'd like
=
to find an importer since I'm probably looking at buying 5 or so.

=20

Marcus=20