Re: Crash alert???

  • Subject: Re: Crash alert???
  • From: "Rob Dobson" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 09:51:25 -0000

Citrix creates a product (EdgeSight) that does exactly what you are
asking for:

http://www.citrix.com/English/ps2/products/product.asp?
contentID=25119&ntref=hp_nav_US

It can alert you when an application crashes and it will also
collect dump files if they are created. The application can hook
into the Windows messaging system as well so that the titles and
contents of windows can also be logged so you can see what error was
given.

The catches are that it is designed for corporations and not home
users, the cost is ~$50 per device and you need an SQL server for
the backend.

FYI - My opinion is somwhat biased here as I work for Citrix.

Cheers,

Rob