Ordered broadband - so which router?!!

  • Subject: Ordered broadband - so which router?!!
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 09:14:04 -0000

Sorry for all these new home questions! Soon as I do anything worthy I
will get some pics and additional HA geek related ness i promise!!

Ordered my broadband, Newnet 60Gb a month no traffic shaping or port
blocking for =A319.95, static ip so very happy with that...

...now i need an adsl modem/router.  I've had a couple of netgear
DG834G's which have never given me too many problems so maybe another
of those, but then Im thinking there must be something better out
there now!?

the one thing the netgear didn't do that I would kinda like would be
proper port forwarding.

One option I have is to use my airport express as the wireless portion
and to just buy an Adsl modem router just a wired one that can plug
into my switch.

ability to support dyndns would be good but not essential,=20
the asus one that was on the site a few weeks ago looked cool with
itunes and bittorrent built in but doesn't seem to be available yet!

so....reccomendations??!! needless to say i don't really want to spend
the earth on it! I have a linksys pap2 so voip isn't essential either,
especially as i don't see myself using voip too much as i have free
landline calls on my bt line through Primus!1

Thanks all

Noel