Re: Loftbox Problems

Hi Kevin,

Yes it's the one that requires the loopback. I didn't use the loopback
in the end, instead I merged the different signals, then inputted them
directly into UHF2. E.g the satellite RF (not the lnb) the cctv, the
media server and the digital terrestrial aerial all go into a splitter
(that works in reverse) and that feed then goes into UHF2. It's always
worked perfectly in the past.

I'm convinced that it must be that the signal from the new aerial is
too strong. I'll try an attenuator and then go from there.

I looked at the program on Keiths website (what a fantastic little
program that is :) ) and the way mine is setup at the moment is
correct according to the output.

Appreciate the input guys :)

I will report back once I have tried the attenuator.

Cheers

Marc

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@...> wrote:

> Just one other point. Is the Loftbox one of those devices that has a
> downlink and uplink that are connected in a loop and used to inject
> other inline devices (their RF outputs) such that they can be
> distributed around the home on the outputs.   If so I have found very
> weird issues with this in my similar (not Loftbox) setup.  The
length of
> that cable is very critical if you have very strong input signals. The
> unit was supplied with a short 6" loopback cable and using that
the
> distribution was horrendous, double imaging, tearing, ghosting ,
> drifting secondary images etc. When I replaced it with a still
> coiled100m roll of co-ax to simulate the downlink/uplink path it was
> perfect.  After install I reduced this to the 50m required (25m down
and
> back) and had problems with interference again on the BBC2 signal,
> adding back another 50m (coiled under the floor) fixed it again.  I
> think this may have some interaction with any inline video recorders
> that introduce RF signal gain too.   I still get issues if I connect
my
> DAB aerial input to the box though without attenuation, but as my
radio
> works OK without it I haven't worried.
>
> Lastly - do check any introduced RF signals (from video players) are
on
> compatible channels as some will interfere if not setup right. This
> seems unlikely as it was working before but just maybe some previously
> weak signals are now strong enough to interfere.
>
> Keith's site has all the details and even a caclulator to choose the
> best channels to use -
> http://www.kat5.tv/taboo.html
>
>    Kevin
>

>   marcrfuller wrote:
> >
> > Hey Guys,
> >
> > OK, that sounds like a plan ! Thankyou !
> >
> > Off to maplin at lunchtime to see what they've got. I'll post the
> > results once I've tried em :D
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > marc
> >
> > --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>,
> > "Tracey Gardner" <tracey.gardner@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm in agreement with Nigel.
> > > You are probably putting too much signal into the box.
> > > You should be able to pick up some in-line attenuators from
your
> > local TV
> > > aerial wholesalers and gradually reduce the signal level
until you
> > clear
> > > your problem.
> > >
> > > Tracey