From: ian.bird@xxxxxxx
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 11:05 AM
Subject: [ukha_d] Serial commands to X10 and back again. Poss bulk buy of
Serial PLIX

As a follow up. Sales got back to me and the shipping cost is 40 dollars
for a 24 dollar part. This makes it a little expensive so I may have a bash
at rolling my own. We shall see how the time goes - another winter project.

Would anyone else be interested in these if I did place an order? The chip
only is 19 dollars and the kit 24 dollars. As far as I can tell this does
not include a PCB so be warned. I will clarify this before ordering
assuming I do.

http://www.micromint.com/products/chips.htm

SERIAL PLIX is designed to interface with the
Serial port of any embedded controller or
computer. Using simple ASCII commands, the user
now has a simple way to communicate with the
X-10 powerline adapter module (TW523) to control
electronic devices over the existing powerlines.
With a little imagination and software support
from the user, Serial PLIX also has the
capability to transmit and receive data segments
via the powerlines. The user can select the baud
rate and other parameters to obtain the desired
communications protocol.

Ian

ian.bird@cibavisi
on.com