Re: Door bell ring/sound/speak?

  • Subject: Re: Door bell ring/sound/speak?
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 20:42:11 -0000

I have the Comfort doorbell picked up and broadcast through a xAP
message and then have a tts message announce "That's the front
doorbell ringing" through the distributed audio.  Cheesy enough for my
family!

Kids have just got into HHGTTG - It would be great to get a 'Marvin'
TTS voice "Here I am, brain the size of a planet, and I suppose you
want me to open the door again."

We also have the phones ring mainly because i've not got arouund to
silencing them in Comfort.

I played around with the comfort keypad tones for the ringer for quite
a while.  Never really got an effective, non annoying, sound.  They
are not exactly polyphonic quality!  But you have got me thinking now
- no reason why I can't do this with an MP3 sample instead.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@...> wrote:

> Just prompted into thinking about this from a post on the Comfort
groups=85
>=20
> I was thinking of changing the way the door bell is announced
(through Comfort currently). It rings the phones and sounds a tone on
the Comfort keypads. This sounds pretty awful (like world war 3
breaking out!) but has the desired effect.
>=20
> Was wondering whether to mute that all and just have an announcement
on the whole house audio system or maybe just use a futuristic
sounding tone/music etc play, along with an announcement.
>=20
> Does anyone use something like this that sounds good and doesn't
quickly become annoying (like a lot of sounds I can imaging would!)?