Re: On-screen-display device.

do you have any pictures? have you made the design open?

Chris
----- Original Message -----
From: Neil Wrightson
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 1:21 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] On-screen-display device.

Hi Chris,

I made my own version of these incorporating a AVR control, interfacing to
the PC via a serial port.
I use Misterhouse as my main interface and added some code to MH to drive
it.
I have a live camera view of my pool through some palm trees that I then
superimpose the following text onto.
Current Date & Time
Current Temperature
Current weather forecast
4 Lines of Caller ID information
2 Lines of current currently playing MP3 information

This is then sent to a RF modulator converter and fed into the aerial feed
to all of the TV's in the house (5) and displayed on Channel 4 (UHF22)

Only trouble is the IC's I used and are also used on the below link
(STV5730) are no longer manufactured.

A friend gave me another brand of IC that I have yet to try. When I get
around to it, it will be of a similar design but probably a Ethernet
interface instead of the serial interface, perhaps even POE.

Regards,

Neil Wrightson.
N.W.Electronics
ABN 76 768 513 867
Embedded Controllers and Home Automation Products