RE: If you were doing it all again....?

  • Subject: RE: If you were doing it all again....?
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 11:43:42 +0100

And build/use a BIG node0 - double wardrobe just isn't nearly big
enough!!!

I have similar to Chris:

40 x X10 LD11's + AD10's (moving to CBus) + Russound + Geovision +
HomeVision + Comfort + SmartFit heating + HomeSeer + lots of xAP apps +
MainLobby/MusicLobby/WebLobby + weather station + electric door locks
(Abloy) + electric curtains etc etc...

The HomeSeer and MainLobby really has been a HUGE improvement in my HA
system - it's really brought everything together and for the first time
I've actually been able to display and control everything from one well
designed interface :) Others here (Frank and Dean etc) also rate Charmed
Quark as an alternative to Main Lobby - but I never really got into it.

There are also some fantastic (and free) xAP apps that I just couldn't live
without now - the most obvious is xAP Tel (Caller ID linked to a hardware
device - Meteor) working in conjunction with xAP SwitchBoard and xAP TTS.
This gives me text to speech, announcing every caller on my home and
business lines, through the paging on my whole house audio system (was a
Kustom amp - now is Russound as mentioned previously). It really has turned
out to be one of those 'must have' features of the HA system.

Paul.

AV