RE: Underfloor heating and HA control?

  • Subject: RE: Underfloor heating and HA control?
  • From: "Neil Ball" <neilball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:38:00 +0100

Using floor sensors can be very useful for bathrooms as you can maintain a
minimum floor temperature regardless of air temperature which is fantastic
in winter for keeping your toes warm!

Make sure that you ask you UFH installer for some offcuts of tube to use as
ducting for the sensor and run the tube back to a standard back box for
cable terminations. The tube will allow you to withdraw ad replace the
sensor should it ever develop a fault. Just remember to fit a stop end or
use some duct tape to block of the end of the tube in the floor especially
if you are screeding.

Neil B.