RE: Home Cinema

  • Subject: RE: Home Cinema
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 09:08:54 +0100

> Although the CRT Projector I bought is 10 years old (last month)
it is
> capable of projecting HD at 720p and 1080i (will report back on
1080p...)
> but then with a 100" screen you need that sort of definition to
stop it
> looking blocky. You can get LCD / DLP projectors that do HD natively
but
> they were out of my budget (=A33K or =A34K plus)... A new CRT will set
yo=
> back =A315K but second hand you can get a deal for less than =A31K.
>=20
> And now for CRTs biggest drawback.... It is over 1 meter long and
weighs
> almost 80Kg !!!!
>=20
> Just when you thought it sounded like a good idea.
>=20
> HTH
>=20
> Nigel

What CRT PJ do you use? I have a couple of NEC P6 Extras here that I keep
thinking I'll do something with sometime but the wife won't let me install
them at home - she reckons I should get rid of them ...

... anyway - once I get rid of the wife I'll make a call of whether I'm
going to use them again (one has been stored for nearly 5 years and the
other was obtained for "spares" but is also still fully working)
or whether
I'm going to go the much simpler route of LCD.

Phil=20