RE: cheap wired AV link required

  • Subject: RE: cheap wired AV link required
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:27:45 +0100

Yeah, probably. As I said, I need to check the specs of the box to see
what's available. No idea if an RF out would provide power for an IR
sender (a-la Sky boxes), so would still need to source something for the
IR return, plus I'd not get stereo audio that way.. (Not that the
parents would notice!)

Paul G.

Of
> Tim Hawes
> Sent: 12 October 2006 13:17
> To: UKHA_D Group
> Subject: Re: [ukha_d] cheap wired AV link required
>
> Can you get an RF signal out of the cable box and just run a length of
> CT100?
>
> Tim.
>
> On 10/12/06, Paul Gordon <paul@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I know the "proper" answer to this question is
"KAT5", but....

> > My parents currently have a wireless video sender to get their
cable
TV
> > signal from the cable box at one end of the living room, over to
2nd
> > TV at the opposite end of the living room, and for numerous
reasons
this
> > is way less than satisfactory. I'd like to change it for a wired
link of
> > some kind. Since it is just for a 2nd TV, *and* because my
parents
just
> > don't "get it" when it comes to AV quality, I know they
won't
consider
> > it worthwhile springing for KAT5, so I'm wondering if there are
any
> > (admittedly inferior) budget versions available? - I'm sure I
recall
> > seeing mentions in here before for various KAT5-a-like systems,
which
> > just use passive unbalanced signals... - even this is likely to
be