RE: Sonos vs Squeezebox

  • Subject: RE: Sonos vs Squeezebox
  • From: "Pete Church" <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 08:48:06 +0100

Gareth,

Missed your earlier post - Yahoo sending messages like an intermittent
radio
signal.

I take it that this means that the BBC's asx streams don't work with Sonos.

I'm not quite sure how the Sonos server software works, but is there any
way
of pointing it at local (i.e. on the server) streams - I've read a complex
review somewhere that converted Real streams via Winamp on the fly which if
they could be diverted into the Sonos software somehow, would suit my
needs.

Thanks to all for the comments, (some I've read and some Yahoo hasn't given
me.!)

Pete