Re: Fw: automated central heating

> I do this with CBUS - but anyting that controls a relay such as
Comfort or
> just plain vanilla X10 (nice and cheap) will do exactly the same

Hello again,

Is there any central heating controller that has an "aux input",
so
that when this is activated, it switches on the heating? That way you
could connect the cbus/x10/whatever to the aux input. Putting your own
relays across the existing controller is ok because you know what you
have done, but I worry about any plumber coming to service the boiler
etc. he might switch off the controller but get zapped when the
automated side switches on. If the automation was interfaced through a
recognised contact, it might be safer in that respect.

Thanks.