XBox360 for audio distribution

  • Subject: XBox360 for audio distribution
  • From: "John Murray" <John.Murray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 10:38:22 +0100

I need a couple of rooms fitted with an audio solution networked to my
medi=
a center's mp3 collection.  I was looking at Sonos mainly because I (and
SW=
MBO) liked the remote.  However, it is possible to achieve something
simila=
r by using an Xbox360 Core (=A3200), a PC type Amp and Speaker solution (=
=A350), and a touchscreen lcd (=A3450).  Total cost at =A3700 per room =3D
=
=A31400.

Sonos would be =A31159 for 2 x zoneplayers with 2 sets of speakers, and an
=
extra =A3319 for the second remote.  Total cost =A31490, so not enough of
a=
difference to make a decision.

=20

The benefit of the Xbox extender solution is that I can do more with it,
bu=
t in a dining room and a conservatory, do I really want to?  The only
downs=
ides I can see is that the lcd isn't wireless (not really a problem), but
t=
he console and amp will need hiding in a cupboard or something (whereas
the=
sonos is quite 'pretty' according to SWMBO).

=20

Has anyone made a similar decision?  Which was did you go?  Have I missed
a=
nything?

=20

Complete an offer and help me get my FREE Xbox360:

http://www.consolegrab.co.uk/?r=3D57333

=20