Re: Radio sources and Russound kit?

  • Subject: Re: Radio sources and Russound kit?
  • From: "kw1816" <kw1816@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 14:03:58 -0000

Pretty sure there's a 30 day trial version available. The old
version I used to use doesn't seem to like ML/MLS 3 :-(
Once we get the extension build finished I plan to spend some time
fully integrating the CAV - got lot's of ideas .....

Comfort alarm sounds - CAV switches Zone 1 on at set colume and
plays a dog barking, then switches on all zones to announce that the
police have been called etc. while flashing all the house lights and
sounding a siren

The wife fancies a 'welcome home' message when the front door is
opened, I have a feeling that will last all of a week :-)

CallerID announce - looks phone number up in address book and
announce callers name in zones 1 & 2.

Kevin W.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@...> wrote:

> Thanks Kevin,
>
> When I get the kit (hopefully this week :) ) I'll try to get on
the HomeSeer Russound plugin beta and see if that's a viable
alternative.

> Do you know if Cinemar has a trial ver of the plugin - or is the
old one still available?

> Cheers,
>
> Paul.

Behalf Of
> > kw1816
> > Sent: 02 October 2006 10:29
> > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Radio sources and Russound kit?
> >
> > Any text you like - IIRC The plugin has choice of messaging
commands

> > Messages to individual (or all) keypads.
> > Messages to keypads with a specified source selected.
> >
> > I'm using the latter, for radio station HS fires a message to all
> > keypads with 'Source 2' selected and for Track/Artist
MLmediacentre
> > plugin fires a source message to all keypads with source 1
selected,
> > updated on track change. I also use the plugin to control
> > the 'Source' key from the keypad - instead of cycling through
all 6
> > I have it just looping through the (at present) 3 sources. Each
push
> > also fires a brief message displaying source name
(Radio,Music,TV)