Very slow BT broadband....is it something i've done?

  • Subject: Very slow BT broadband....is it something i've done?
  • From: "darren_karp2001" <darren.karp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:16:01 -0000

Hi all,

All I've done is to move the master socket housing my broadband line
from where it was to the cupboard under the stairs. BT in their
infinite wisdom stole one of my cat 5 cables for the original job!

My two Sky STB's are connected to my cat 5 network via master mod
taps, and at the patch panel end I have another two master mod taps
with BT to BT cables plugged in. These in turn are connected to a BT
double adapter then plugged into the router's filter. Then the
filter into the master socket. I have no other extensions on the
incoming line, just the master socket.

Since then my broadband speed is very very slow all the time on each
of the 3 networked PC's (no wireless, cat 5 networked PC's).

The Netgear DG834 router plugs directly into the hub.

When I get home I'm going to try and remove the Sky STB's phone
lines from the filter to see if that makes any difference but
thought I'd ask you guys if you can think of anything that could
affect the speed.

TIA
Darren