[OT] group task management

Looking for some software that I can install on my hosted server that
I can
use so that family who all work remotely can view a shared task list - much
like in outlook 2003.

Unfortunately my office runs 2000 so we cannot share tasks lists.

I want to be able to assign tasks to people - they can view this list and
make amendments and update the list to show progress.

Also a shared diary and contacts list would be ideal.

If I could get this to sync with my outlook 2000 at work this would be even
better.

Is there such a software that you can install via ftp?

Any help appreciated as SWMBO is getting annoyed at me for my inability to
set something so simple up! We have music and movie in every room but we
can't have a simple shared task list???? Grumble grumble grumble.

Thanks,

Ho yin