Any recomendations for a VPN router

  • Subject: Any recomendations for a VPN router
  • From: "Neil Ball" <neilball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 09:58:18 -0000

I've been having a few problems with my Draytek Vigor 2800G since
upgrading
to ADSL Max. It struggles to maintain the ADSL connection and frequently
reboots. I have followed threads on the support forums and made some config
changes which helped but it still seems flaky. This gives me a dilemma - I
have usually recommended this unit to customers who want and all-in-one
ADSL
router/VPN unit for simple, secure remote access. After my recent
experiences I would be worried to recommend the Vigor.

Can anyone recommend alternatives? These will only be needed for
residential
use so ideally need to be simply to set up and maintain. Most customers use
the XP VPN client for connections.

Neil B.