RE: What bedside clock for a HA-er?

  • Subject: RE: What bedside clock for a HA-er?
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 10:23:43 -0000

Actually, I don't know why I'm thinking of mini PC stuff, I don't need
to use small form factor; like I said I have a built in box headboard
that is about 8 inches deep, and is fully capable of accommodating a
full-size tower cased PC should I want to!

I Still want it near as dammit silent though, because it will be
literally right next to my head when I'm sleeping...

So I'm thinking maybe one of the new Intel Core processors, I believe
these are reasonably frugal in power consumption, and run comparatively
cool.. - not sure if fully passive cooling of one of these is realistic
though? Anyone care to comment? - note that I could fit a *BIG* heatsink
without any problems, - I don't have to worry about case dimensions, as
I may just mount the components on an MDF board covered with
acoustifoam... - Heck, I could fit a car radiator in the space available
I reckon!

Paul G.

Of