Re: [OT] Web n Walk T-Mobile

Lack of folders?

You can apply a label and then archive the mail in google.

it disapears from your inbox and can only be seen in the label.....
basically a folder. a couple of mail rules and you can even label and
achieve on recipt

Sean

I found an OS push server but I can't remember its name right now.

On 11/10/06, Andy Davies <dajdavies@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've been pinning my hopes on Hula and Thunderbird evolving into a
good
> competitor for Exchange/Outlook but progress on Hula is so slow with
hardly
> anyone outside Novell working on it.
>
> Many of the OSS people dismiss Exchange/Outlook because they don't
> understand it's power - dragging emails etc to the calendar/tasklist
etc to
> create new items - and I think they tend to see it as yet another
email
> program.
>
> The biggest complaint I've got is with the web version of Outlook as
it's
> just seems clunky compared to other web-based email solutions. Google
showed
> it was possible to have a decent (ish) web mail app, but even they've
got
> usability problems in my view (lack of folders is a big issue for me).
>
> Andy
>

> On 10/11/06, Ian Lowe <ianlowe@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > And there never will be, unless there's a major sea change in
FOSS
> > attitudes.
> >
> > Because any time this discussion pops up on contribs.org (or
anywhere else
> > for that matter), the penguin zealots will refuse to
> > acknowledge/understand
> > that despite their general bitching about Microsoft,
Exchange/Outlook is
> > an
> > absolutely fantastic mail system.
> >
> > All you ever hear from the Linux crowd is "why would anyone
want shared
> > calendaring", "you should use this web client
instead", "outlook sucks"

--
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist
sees the opportunity in every difficulty."